The IFTA Report function allows you to quickly view details pertinent to IFTA reporting in one place. To run the report:
- Navigate from the main menu to Activity > IFTA Report.
- Select your desired date range from the listed options, or create your own.
- Select the Vehicles you wish to include in the report from the dropdown menu, or use Select all to add all vehicles in your fleet.
- Include or exclude archived data using the Archived (historical) data toggle.
- Select Apply changes.
The report will list your selected vehicles and their associated drivers, as well as enter and exit times and odometer reading for each driver. It will also show the total distance driven in a particular vehicle for each driver.You can download the report as either a PDF or a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet using the Report drop down menu to select the appropriate option.
Manually Recording Odometer Values
The IFTA report relies on the vehicle’s odometer history, and in most cases, your Telematics Device Automatically records your odometer value.
For some vehicles, automatic recording of the odometer reading may not be available because the manufacturer does not provide it, or it is not supported. If unsupported, you can update the odometer in your account by manually entering your vehicle’s current odometer reading.
To manually record your odometer value, navigate to Main Menu > Vehicles & Assets and select the desired asset from the list to open the Asset Edit page. Enter the new odometer value in the Odometer field and select Save from the top menu.
Manual Odometer Recommendations
The application retroactively corrects archived (historical) odometer readings based on the most recently entered value (whether manually or automatically recorded). This most recent value is always assumed to be correct and overrides all previous entries or corrections.
Incorrectly entered information can result in inaccurate reports such as:
- Incorrect copying of or entering of an odometer value might produce negative archived (historical) trip values.
- When a Telematics Device firmware update introduces automated odometer tracking for a vehicle whose odometer values were manually, but incorrectly entered, it could produce a jump in the value.
- If a Telematics Device is moved from one vehicle to another, but the old vehicle was not marked as “archived (historical)”, then odometer readings for multiple vehicles are combined. This could result in sudden jumps or past negative trips.
- Double-check your manual odometer readings and entries.
- When permanently transferring your Telematics Device to a new vehicle, set the previous vehicle to archived (historical) to preserve your location data, and then create a new vehicle.
How to pull an IFTA Report?
- Log in into MyGeotab
- Go to Activity > IFTA Report
- Select Options if it has not already populated
- Click Yes, for Include archived (historical) data (If you want to view historical/archived vehicles)
- Select the date range and the vehicles to be exported
- Click Apply Changes
- Click Report
- Select Standard or Advanced to download the report as an Excel file or click on the three dots to download the PDF version by clicking Download PDF